Sang penulis

O lord, if I fail let me go down with grace,, but if I succeed, grant me humility. O but I am nothing more than just a servant... please got let me live in your light

Thursday 11 August 2011

How to download torrent using an ipad 2 - without jailbreak

I am sure there are many ways out there to download torrents ( and I have tried some), but for me though my way is slightly complicated (once you know, it is simple). This way is also great if you live a country like Malaysia, where the so called broadband is as slow as a dial-up. Coming back from Russia (where I can dowload torrent up to 700-900kbps) it is frustating to see downloads in Malaysia (a maximum of 15kbps). I thanked the Malaysia government which campaigned 1 house 1 broadband but allowing a government company to monopolize the market, making it non competitive.

1st step (you can use an ipad/ computer in this part)
You need to sign up with torrific (which is free). Just go to www.torrific.com and sign up. It is important to give an actual email because the will send email notification to this email. Then verify the email and log in. Don't close this tab

2nd step (ipad/computer)
Open a new tab and go to your favourite torrent site. Mine is www.isohunt.com . Find the torrent you want, click on it, where it say "download .torrent" right click (or if you use ipad touch it until a popup comes out) and copy the link.

3rd step (ipad/computer)
Open back the torrific tab, and go to home. Immediately you will see a place to paste your link (look like a search column) and click "get". Then a page appear asking you to "initiate bittorent transmission". Click it, and depend on the size of the file, you have to wait a few minute for the file to be downloaded into the server. When it is finished, it will send a notification to your email. While waiting you can do step 4.







4th step (ipad only)
Download an app called Filer which you get from appstore / installous.

5th step (ipad only)
Once there is an email notification saying your torrent have been downloaded, click it (and if needed log in). It will show the torrent that you have downloaded, pick the one you want and it will open another page. You will see the torrent already downloaded (basicly a file with .wmv,.avi,.mp4), touch it for a while until a popup comes on your ipad and pick copy. Paste on the filer and press enter and it will start downloading

6th step - watch the movie you have downloaded. So, if you have downloaded a file which ipad have not supported, at the upper right corner of the ipad there is a button to transfer your file to another app (how cool is that?), so I use AVplayerHD

So if I download torrent directly, in any other country it will be faster but in malaysia I suggest you use this method.Because malaysia has limit the speed of torrennt, so direct downloading is the choice. I get an average of 110kbps (not as fast as russia but 10x better than using a microtorrent)

That's my way... if you have other method please share
sigh, I pity the ones who read my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment