Sang penulis

O lord, if I fail let me go down with grace,, but if I succeed, grant me humility. O but I am nothing more than just a servant... please got let me live in your light

Monday 15 August 2011

How easy it is to hack a wifi - WEP vulnerability

So what do you do when you are bored? Me, I'll start fixing stuff. The problem in my house is that the internet is tpp darn slow. While searching the net I accidentally(wink2) found a way to hack other people's wifi. I did this to experience
1. Is all internet in Malaysia that slow?
No, basicly only private internet line are slow, commercial ones are fast.
2. Is it hard?
No, a programme actually simplify it.

Now, this post is not intended to suggest to you to do something illegal. Knowledge is power, knowing how to crack a safe does not mean that you have to crack one. This post is to suggest that if your internet is too slow. maybe there is someone piggybacking on your wifi modem. Usually a very unstable wifi (easily disconnected) suggest someone is acessing your wifi.

What you will need:
• USB WiFi Adapter
• USB cable
• High Gain antenna
• A backtrack like software in a CD

Insert CD to you CD Rom, restart your computer and boot the CD Rom (just like when you format computer to install windows, boot the CD). After boot the CD, you will be in below screen, please follow below screenshoot.

STEP1


STEP2



STEP3


STEP4



STEP5



STEP6
- Choose the attacks parameters, by default is ARP REPLY ATTACK.

- Click the DEAUTH to attack client can speed up the crack process.

STEP7



STEP8




After all that hard worl you get the password, unfortunately all my effort was worthless because my neighbour uses 0123456789 as his password. I did thoudh crack a mamak restaurant wifi 2.6km away(one of perks of having a wifi booster), a school wifi 1.9km away.



If you like what you read. Don't feel embarressed to share. As long as you keep the link back to this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment